Log in

No account? Create an account

It's a hard life but it's all mine

The journal of a southern house wife

March 18th, 2010

Day 4 @ 04:57 pm

I spent the morning laying around with the kids, and the afternoon out side cleaning up the yard. John is out burning some brush right now. It looks better out there. I filled all 5 of our garbage cans. I hope I don't have too much trash this week.

Tomorrow I pick up the new door knobs, and take the picture to the framer, spend a couple hours at work, and then back to the yard as long as the weather is nice.

March 17th, 2010

Day 3 @ 08:59 pm

I didn't do much today. Actually I did a lot, just not house hold improvements. I took a bath, read, and napped. I am gearing up for a day in the yard tomorrow, weather permitting. My mother comes in two weeks and I would like to have the yard picked up.

March 16th, 2010

Day 2 @ 08:28 pm

I spent the morning at work, and the afternoon grocery shopping. I am exhausted from tending to Chets allergies last night. He has been on a steady stream of zyrtec I am just waiting for it to kick in.

As for things accomplished today...I finally framed the 5 note cards we picked up from the Best of the Northwest in the fall. I will be taking in the larger piece on friday to get framed so I can put them up in the hallway. Its going to look really nice after the laminate goes down. I have now spent $112 of my budget. I am sure the picture is going to set me back another $150 or so and I will be dropping another $100 on supplies for the laminate, but I am getting things done we have been planning on for some time now.

My mother called today and will be coming to visit the 30th-8th. I haven't mentioned it yet but I am hoping she will help me set the tile on the back splash in the kitchen. Its going to look really nice when its done! Then there will just be trim and flooring.

I don't know what I will be doing tomorrow yet. I am sure I will come up with something tonight. I could always touch up the laundry room, or take down the christmas decorations in the kitchen. Who knows? I am sure it will come to me soon.

March 15th, 2010

Day 1 @ 09:14 am

I am going to attempt to keep a daily journal of the things I am up to while Dan is away.

Today I am on my way to Ace for the final 3 door knobs I need to have them all match. (except the pantry and I figure it doesn't count since its in the laundry room) I will also be picking up speaker wire and a small corner shelf, as well as finding the cable I need to hook up the DVD player in my bedroom.
This morning worked out really well. The kids hung out in the bedroom long enough for me to wake up and get going. Lela broke the snow globe and poured herself a glass of milk while I was in the shower, but other than that this morning went pretty well.
Dan got to his condo, and has a rental car to share with his room mate. He will be working Mid shifts 5:30pm-5:30am for the next 6 weeks. He seems to be doing good, and likes his accommodations.

I didn't get the door knobs done. I have two of the three I need. I did however get the stereo put together so we can actually listen to the radio, and last night I reset the mantle, which has been in disarray since the christmas decorations came down. Rene came by and took the kids to the beach, which gave me time to clean up my mess. All and all it was a nice day.

March 10th, 2010

exhaustion @ 02:31 pm

The computers got their much needed update at work which has put me in the position of learning two new machines. I am pretty much a computer idiot and hate that I keep having to ask for help. I guess its better than doing nothing though. I am sure I will figure it out soon. In the mean time I am doing ordering partially by eye ball, and some by the sheets we can actually get the system to produce. Today I didn't get any ordering done due to a large amount of jobs. I also realized that the system has reincorporated all of the items I spent hours deleting. We once again have reestablished all of the duplicate products, and things we either don't carry anymore, or can't get. Its like months of work down the drain. I am more than a little stressed about the situation currently.

Rene has a job interview on Tuesday, and I know she needs work right now. I have worked out with Debbie to cover the afternoon of my Tuesday shift, but this puts me more in the position of trying to figure out what in the hell I am going to do. I can't afford a full day for Chet. In fact, I can't afford another half day for him until he starts school. I am pretty much figuring I will have to give my notice at work. I will hate quitting, and I will really hate quitting with the computer system as screwed up as it is. If I had to go I really wanted to make it a smooth transition for whom ever took my place. I also hate leaving around tax season. This leads me to my next paragraph...

Upon quitting I will have to pull Chet out of the Childrens center, and I will have to cut Lela back to two half days a week, at least I think we can afford the two mornings. I know my son needs interaction and it breaks my heart that he will no longer get to do fun things at school. I will check the balance of his bank account and if he has enough maybe we can use the last of his education money to keep him in at least until summer time. If things get really tight I will once again have both kids at home with me 7 days a week. I am already feeling the depression hitting from this particular thought. Believe me.

So, this leads to yet another thing. I feel like I am already having to do more and more around the house. The kids practically have to take care of themselves. Things that I thought my husband would take care of are becoming my responsibility. One is the compost. He used to take it out every night or two. Now after 4 days I put it out on the porch so maybe he will dump it. Then I get blamed when the dogs knock it off the railing or it blows over. This was not my deal to begin with. I told him a long time ago I could not handle the smell, but its now my deal. There are issues with the recycling being dumped, dinner being made, tasks getting completed, who gets to sleep in after a bonfire, laundry, oil changes, dr and dentist appointments. The list goes on and on. That leads to yet another...

My husband is leaving on the 15th for a 6 week tdy to Miami. I guess he is going to be assisting in getting aid to Haiti. I don't even know what to say about that right now.

I am hurt and angry. Every one has burdens, I know, but I have to keep wondering where the cracking point is. I know I am close...I just don't know how close.

February 14th, 2010

Dan @ 02:06 pm

My husband is coming home unexpectedly. I guess he weighs too much for the Chiefs academy. I just hope getting sent home is the only thing that will happen to him. I feel so bad. I know he is going to take it hard for a while. I guess we need to sign up with Kimi, and Kathrine and get it together. Out with the old, in with the new. I have to say, if nothing else, this last few days has really changed my perspective on several things.

I think its time for all of us to put on our big girl panties, pull ourselves up by the boot straps, and start making some progress. What ever that progress may be. We can all do it together,and hopefully inspire each other to make positive advancements in our lives. Spring is near, a time of rebirth, lets make it a time of production!

Anna @ 09:01 am

Anna didn't come home last night. Buddy came back around 10:30pm. I am really worried about her. She is such a good dog. I guess I will be calling Dan and Rene soon to ask them if they will watch the kids so I can go look for her. John has been kind enough to drive around and call for her. I sent him to Crawford road, and down Wintergreen. I guess we will see where that leads. I also have a call into WAIF just in case she was picked up. I figure chances are slim the she will ever make it home.
I am pretty heart broken.

February 13th, 2010

(no subject) @ 12:00 pm

I feel horrible today. Chet threw up this morning and Lela was up every hour on the hour last night. They both have runny noses and won't eat. Its hard to know just how bad they feel. I keep checking for fevers and encouraging rest. The back of my neck is stiff and all my sinuses are packed with snot. My back hurts and my abs hurt off and on from the coughing.

Both of the kids are so sick of being stuck in the house Chet came out of his room an hour ago wearing a jacket, sandles, and a hat. I let him go out with me for a few minutes. I don't mind the kids going out, its not like they are going to expose anyone in our yard, I just don't have the energy to watch them. I just want to sit some where with my eyes shut because it seems to relieve the pressure.

If Lela isn't better soon I will be making a doctors appointment for her and Chet. I have no choice. I have been giving them small doses of those cold and cough meds the doctors say not to give kids under 6. I am a little paranoid when I give it to Lela. So far she hasn't had any problems, but its not helping her heal.

This is hands down the longest we have been sick like this. Usually its only a few days, but Lela has been down since Monday. I am worried that Chet still has a good 5 or 6 day left. Dan could have left at a much better time. Thank God we have some else at Boomerang, and it has been pointed out that I have vacation time. This is so not how I wanted to spend it, but hell, at least its there.

February 11th, 2010

(no subject) @ 12:48 pm

I am considering the purchase of a $330 wifi dog collar. I think this is crazy, but I also think we have to do it. Considering the other option of digging two trenches around about 2 acres of property and trying to figure out how to tunnel them under a drive way don't seem to be worth a $100 or so savings. Putting up a real fence would probably cost just as much, and I really suck with post hole diggers.
Buddy stays gone all day and Anna follows. Both dogs come home soaked and we have to keep them outside. I am getting tired of all the dirt, mud, and wet dog smell. I think this is going to save us lots of trouble in the future. If I order it in I will have to ask my father in law to set it up. I think he would be more than happy when he has the time, since Dan left for California today. I will write about that later.
I don't know what Dan will say about it. I am afraid he is going to freak out about the price. I think its the way to go though. Thank God I have a job and my own credit card!

February 7th, 2010

San Francisco @ 09:40 pm

My fantastic in-laws bought me a ticket to California to visit Dan in a couple weeks. I can't even tell you how excited I am. I really, really need this. I reserved a hotel room, and have a ride from the airport if Dans not available to pick me up. This is going to be so wonderful. It brings tears to my eyes. Thank you Dan and Rene. I love you guys.

It's a hard life but it's all mine

The journal of a southern house wife